Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dollar dance... to do or not to do...


This weekend at a wedding (picture above is NOT from the wedding I attended this weekend - it's from a DJ website) the conversation about doing a dollar dance or not came up.... I know that they are tradition in a lot of places and families... but I feel torn because I don't want to offend people - they make the trip all the way down to FL, pay for hotel, plane ticket, food etc... and then for a dance with me? hahaha. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really familiar with the tradition, and I've never seen it done in person - but I think it would be really fun! I guess it depends on how many cool Uncles are attending your wedding! :)

Amber said...

I think it's a fun idea because it gives everyone an opportunity for a little one-on-one time with the bride or groom. If you don't like the idea of "asking" for money, you can do something else. My friend Bridget had a creative idea. She called it the memory dance, and asked everyone to write down a special memory to give before the dance. It was fun for them to read them all afterwards.

Dan Rohan said...

it seems kind of hokey to me... but i guess it could be fun.